Overcoming the Complexities of Coronary Intervention – Contemporary PCI in LM Disease Series
Published: 07 July 2021
Overview of LM Disease (aorta-ostial), Stenting Techniques and Optimization of LM Stenting Criteria with the use of Imaging - Dr Jose de la Torre
- Welcome and Introductions - Dr Jose de la Torre
- Overview of LM Disease (aorta-ostial), Stenting Techniques and Optimization of LM Stenting Criteria with the use of Imaging - Dr Jose de la Torre
- Case 1: Optimization Of LM Stenting with Imaging and IVUS Co-Reg - Dr Do-Yoon Kang
- Case 2: Optimization Of LM Stenting with Imaging and IVUS Co-Reg - Dr Albert Alahmar
- Summary Discussion and Thank You - All Panel
Left Main Coronary Artery (LMCA) intervention is challenging to the operator due to a wide array of factors as compared to treating other stenosis elsewhere in the coronary tree. Complications arising from hemodynamic instability, lack of proximal reference angiographically and lesion preparation due to a higher rate of atherosclerosis make LM Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) by far the most complex to treat.
During this series of three live webinars on Overcoming the Complexities of Coronary Intervention – Contemporary PCI in LM Disease, our faculty of renowned international experts will walk you through the complexities of LM Disease and the state of the art image-guided stent optimization treatment strategies, in different clinical sub settings of LM aorta-ostial and LM-bifurcation disease.
This series is targeted at an international audience with a focus on clinical practice in the Asian, Middle Eastern and European cardiology community.
Please take our short survey and tell us what you think of the webinar series so far: CLICK HERE
Format and Key Learning Objectives
Each session comprises of 3 elements:
- Lecture: Introduction to overall webinar topic; clinical overview of specific LM disease with focus on stent optimization and treatment strategies/state of art treatment technology
- Case-In Point: Prerecorded case studies from international clinics presented and discussed by the local operator
- Panel Discussion: Dr de la Torre and each panel discuss the topics highlighted in each lecture and case-in-point
This series is designed for the entire cardiology community:
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Clinical Fellows and Trainees
- Cath Lab Nurses and Technologists
More from this programme
Welcome and Introduction to the Series
Precision Diagnostics in LM Aorta-ostial Disease – Imaging and Optimization Guidance
Precision Diagnostics in LM Bifurcation Disease – Imaging and Optimization Guidance
Complexities in Left Main Diseases
José M de la Torre Hernández
Head of Hemodynamics and Interventional Cardiology
Professor Jose M de la Torre is an interventional cardiologist and Head of the Hemodynamics and Interventional Department of the Marques de Valdecilla University of Santander, Spain.
He is member of the scientific committee of the Spanish Society of Cardiology and is fellow of the European Society of Cardiology. Former associate director of the Trans Catheter Therapeutics Meeting in US. Faculty of ESC, PCR, ACC and TCT meetings. Coordinator of the ESTROFA, XIMA and LITRO study groups. Prof De La Torre is a member of the editorial committee of the Revista Español de Cardiologia,, Consultant editor of JACC Cardiovascular interventions, Section editor in Eurointervention and Editor in chief of REC: Interventional Cardiology. Research coordinator in EPIC foundation.
In 2016-2017 he was a visiting scientist at Harvard-MIT biomedical engineering center. His research interests include intravascular imaging, interventions on coronary artery…