Novel Oral Anticoagulants at 10: An Assessment of their Safety and Contemporary Use in Atrial Fibrillation
Published: 04 March 2021
In this virtual roundtable, our expert panel reflect on the clinical trials and real world data supporting the use of NOACs in atrial fibrillation – almost ten years since they entered the clinic.
Moderated by Prof John Eikelboom, the panel offer their analyses via a series of presentations and discussions covering a range of topics, with a special focus on their use in Japan.
- Identify which individuals with atrial fibrillation should be initiated on NOAC therapy without delay
- Interpret safety and cardiovascular data from RCTs in the context of real-world experience
- Select appropriate treatment strategies with NOACs in atrial fibrillation patients in need of further ablation or intervention
- Review the reversal options open to individuals experiencing a bleeding event whilst on treatment with a NOAC
- Interventional Cardiologists
More from this programme
When to Initiate a NOAC and Patient Suitability (data presentation)
Overview of Safety and Cardiovascular Data
Dealing with Complications:
Discussion on Safety Rates and Patient Suitability (Panel Discussion Session)