Novel Oral Anticoagulants at 10: An Assessment of their Safety and Contemporary Use in Atrial Fibrillation
Published: 04 March 2021
Panel Discussion Moderated by John Eikelboom
In this virtual roundtable, our expert panel reflect on the clinical trials and real world data supporting the use of NOACs in atrial fibrillation – almost ten years since they entered the clinic.
Moderated by Prof John Eikelboom, the panel offer their analyses via a series of presentations and discussions covering a range of topics, with a special focus on their use in Japan.
- Identify which individuals with atrial fibrillation should be initiated on NOAC therapy without delay
- Interpret safety and cardiovascular data from RCTs in the context of real-world experience
- Select appropriate treatment strategies with NOACs in atrial fibrillation patients in need of further ablation or intervention
- Review the reversal options open to individuals experiencing a bleeding event whilst on treatment with a NOAC
- Interventional Cardiologists