Dr David H Birnie (University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, CA) discusses updates from the Prevention of Arrhythmia Device Infection (PADIT) trial and the development of the PADIT infection risk score at HRS 2019.
1. What is the PADIT trial and what does it aim to answer?
2. What are your findings to date and what conclusions (if any) can be made?
3. What further research, in your opinion, is needed?
4. What do you think, could be the implications for clinical practice?
5. What are the key take home messages from this study?
Interviewer - Jonathan McKenna
Videographer - Tom Green
Filmed on site at HRS 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology