Dr João Pedro Ferreira (Clinical Investigation Centre Pierre Drouin, Nancy, FR) discusses proteomics and knowledge-analysis from the Heart OMics in AGing (HOMAGE) trial, offering insight into the effects of spironolactone for preventing heart failure.
1. What is the hypothesis behind the HOMAGE trial?
2. What was the trial design?
3. What were the results?
4. What insight was gained into the mechanistic effects of spironolactone in preventing HF?
5. Which patients would benefit most from these findings?
6. What conclusions can be made?
7. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Nancy, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand