Dr Subodh Verma (St Michael's Hospital and Southlake Regional Health Centre, Toronto, CA) discusses the primary results from the SEARCH-AF Cardiolink Randomized Trial (Post-Surgical Enhanced Monitoring for Cardiac Arrhythmias and Atrial Fibrillation).
The study examines 396 patients following heart surgery, to assess whether new AF occurrences can be identified using enhanced cardiac rhythm monitoring and a new diagnostic device, to better identify patients who are at risk for developing POAF/AFL.
1. What is the background of this trial?
2. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. How should these findings influence future research/practice?
Recorded remotely from Toronto, 2020.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand