‘Transcatheter aortic valve replacement update in bicuspid aortic valve disease’ brings together four international opinion leaders to comprehensively review the latest clinical evidence, evaluate recent trial outcomes, address patient and device selection, and provide practical insight through case reviews.
Designed to best support both cardiologists and surgeons, this engaging one-hour educational programme will be further enhanced through a live Q&A session, to help address some of the most pertinent and challenging questions in clinical practice.
- Describe the latest data in bicuspid valve disease and understand the classifications
- Critically evaluate clinical trial data in TAVR in low-risk bicuspid patients
- Review implant techniques and device considerations for bicuspid patients
This programme has been formulated to best support the learnings of cardiologists and surgeons globally.
- Welcome, introduction to the topic – Prof Van Mieghem, Chair (6 mins)
- TAVR in low risk bicuspid patients: critical review of the clinical evidence – Dr Ramlawi (12 mins)
- Implant techniques and device selections for bicuspid patients – Presentation by Dr Tchetche (12 mins)
- TAVR in bicuspid patients: case reviews – Prof Zahr (12 mins)
- Discussion and live Q&A – All, moderated by Prof Van Mieghem (18 mins)
Prof Nicolas M Van Mieghem
Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, NL
Dr Basel Ramlawi
Heart & Vascular Center, Valley Health System, Virginia, US
Dr Didier Tchetche
Clinique Pasteur, Toulouse, FR
Prof Firas Zahr
Oregon Health and Science University, US
This virtual programme is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from: