Eli Lilly and Company is a leading, innovation-driven corporation committed to developing a growing portfolio of best-in-class and first-in-class pharmaceutical products that help people live longer, healthier and more active lives. Lilly products treat depression, schizophrenia, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, diabetes, osteoporosis and many other conditions. We are committed to providing answers that matter - through medicines and information - for some of the world's most urgent medical needs.
- A heritage more than 130 years strong: company founded on May 10, 1876 Headquarters located in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A
- Approximately 40,217 employees worldwide
- Approximately 7,946 employees engaged in research and development
- Clinical research conducted in more than 50 countries
- Research and development facilities located in 7 countries
- Manufacturing plants located in 13 countries
- Products marketed in 143 countries