Past, Present and Future: SGLT2 Inhibitors for Cardiovascular Outcomes - What is the future?
- Understand the history of SGLT2 inhibitors and the published data from SGLT-2 inhibitor cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT).
- Link these outcomes data to the latest guideline updates in diabetes.
- Understand the importance of the ongoing CREDENCE, EMPA and DAPA clinical trials.
- Evaluate emerging data of the treatment of HF with SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with or without T2DM.
- Apply this clinical understanding to the management of heart failure patients in the real world.
- Identify important future developments to be aware of to allow continual optimisation of heart failure management and the potential for future guideline updates in heart failure.
- Assess the interrelationships linking diabetes, HF and CVD.
This video series was funded by an unrestricted educational grant from Boehringer Ingelheim.