Prof Lucas Boersma (St Antonius Ziekenhuis, Nieuwegein, NE) discusses the UNTOUCHED study - understanding outcomes with the S-ICD in primary prevention patients with low ejection fraction: high conversion efficacy and low adverse event rate during the first 30 days.
Filmed on site at HRS 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology
1. What are the advantages of using S-ICDs compared to traditional ICDs?
2. Why was the UNTOUCHED study needed?
3. What sets apart the UNTOUCHED study from other S-ICD studies?
4. What are your findings to date, and how do these relate to findings from the MADIT RIT study?
5. What are the implications for preferred settings of S-ICDS?
Videography: Tom Green
Interviewer: Jonathan McKenna