Dr Valentina Kutyifa (University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, US / Semmelweis University, Heart Center, Budapest, HU) discusses the MADIT trial and the decline in ventricular arrhythmia events and mortality in the multicenter automatic defibrillator implantation trials.
1. What was the rationale for the study?
2. How was the data collected and analysed?
3. What are your findings to date and what conclusions (if any) can be made?
4. What could be the implications for clinical practice?
5. What are the key take home messages from this study?
Videographer - Tom Green
Filmed on site at HRS 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology.