Dr Michael R Zile (Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, US / Ralph H. Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, SC, US ) discusses Baroreflex activation therapy (BAT) in patients with heart failure with a reduced ejection fraction at HRS 2019.
1. Can you tell us about the concept behind Carotid baroreceptor stimulation (baroreflex 2. activation therapy, BAT)?
3. What are the perceived benefits of BAT in this patient population?
4. What was the design of the study?
5. What were your findings to date?
6. What further research, in your opinion, is needed?
7. What are the key take home messages from this study?
Interviewer - Jonathan McKenna
Videographer - Tom Green
Filmed on site at HRS 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology