Professor Antoni Martinez-Rubio discusses "Assessing risk of bleeding in patients who require new oral anticoagulants" at the 2015 ESC congress in London.
1. How do you assess the risk of bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation who require the use of new oral anticoagulants (NOACs)
2. If bleeding occurs with a NOAC, is there an antidote to control the situation?
3. Are all NOACs similar in their actions and efficacy?
4. Will the prevalence of atrial fibrillation increase over time?
5. Are there any preventative measures?
6. Do guidelines for stroke prevention differ between Europe and the United States?