Dr Line Melgaard (Aalborg University, Aalborg, DK) discusses the thromboembolic risk in patients with atrial fibrillation and
valvular heart disease according to the EHRA Type 2 definition.
Filmed on site at EHRA 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology
1. What was the need to evaluate atrial fibrillation patients specifically with valvular heart disease?
2. How was the study set up to evaluate stroke and bleeding risks?
3. What were your key findings?
4. What are the next steps for validation of stroke and bleeding risk in valvular AF?
Videographer: Mike Knight/Tom Green
Education Lead: Mirjam Boros
- Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation