Dr Nicholas W Shammas (Midwest Cardiovascular Research Foundation, Davenport, IA, US) discusses 12-month results from the SAFE-DCB registry using the Lutonix paclitaxel-coated balloon to treat obstructive lesions in the superficial femoral and popliteal arteries.
Filmed on site at CRT 2019 by Radcliffe Cardiology
1. What is the SAFE-DCB Registry and what does it monitor?
2. How many patients are being followed and what data is being presented at CRT 2019?
3. What are the key findings?
4. There have been safety concerns regarding pacilitaxel stents and balloons, what does this registry data offer to the debate?
5. How should this data influence practice?