Mayo Clinic Echo Fiesta 2019 : An In-depth Review of Adult Echocardiography for Sonographers and Physicians
Echo Fiesta is designed to provide a practical review of the current uses and limitations of 2-D echocardiography, Doppler and color flow imaging in the assessment of adult myocardial, ischemic, pericardial, and valvular heart disease. Traditional topics in the field of echocardiography including the assessment of systolic and diastolic function, quantitative Doppler, and stress echocardiography will be presented. In addition, newer techniques including 3-D echo and Doppler and 2-D strain imaging will be presented. The program will concentrate on practical points regarding daily use of these techniques with illustrative examples from a wide variety of cardiovascular disorders.
- Identify current two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and Doppler methods to assess left ventricular systolic function;
- Develop an integrated approach to the assessment of valvular stenosis and valvular regurgitation;
- Describe the diastolic filling patterns in diverse cardiac disorders including cardiomyopathies, systemic diseases, and pericardial disease;
- Recognize echocardiographic findings of ischemic heart disease, including clinical applications and interpretation of stress echocardiography, detection of mechanical complications of myocardial infarction;
- Define the role of echocardiography in the evaluation and management of the cardiomyopathies;
- Describe echocardiography findings in congenital heart disease;
- Recognize the potential of new technology in the field of echocardiography.