This course will provide an overview of many aspects of cardiovascular medicine. Faculty will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine with interactive audience response system and questions and answers with expert Mayo Clinic faculty. This comprehensive program will be a valuable educational opportunity to review highlights for clinical evaluation and management of patients encountered in daily practice.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate and manage patients with valvular heart disease
- Diagnose and treat the patient with ischemic heart disease
- Develop a comprehensive approach to the clinical evaluation of patients with systolic and/or diastolic heart failure
- Interpret common ECG tracings and cardiac arrhythmias
- Describe treatment options for rhythm control in atrial fibrillation
- Recognize common problems adults with congenital heart disease might face
This course will provide cardiologists, internists, fellows-in-training, and cardiovascular care associates with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine.