Mayo Clinic Cardiology Update at Cabo: A Focus on Prevention 2017
The purpose of the meeting is to present state-of-the-art knowledge in cardiology with a clinically-based approach. The scope of the program is broad and will cover a wide spectrum of cardiovascular diseases but generally focused on prevention of coronary disease, stroke and sudden death. Expert faculty will present practical clinical approaches to diagnostics and the latest management strategies of challenging and controversial topics in cardiology.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify basic and advance screening strategies to identify CVD risk in Clinical practice;
- Select evidence-based lifestyle and medication management strategies to manage CVD risk factors;
- Recognize indications for and impact of medication and surgical management of obesity
- Cite the critical steps in management of patients with known CVD, including CAD, heart failure, atrial fibrillation, stroke, valvular heart disease, thromboembolic events
- Recognize effective methods to identify and manage CVD risk in younger and older athletes
This course is intended for healthcare professionals in practice or in training who are interested in preventive cardiology. This may include physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, exercise specialists, dieticians, health coaches, and others.