Mayo Clinic Arrhythmias & the Heart: A Cardiovascular Update 2018
The program highlights key topics in cardiology to keep the practitioner current, with an emphasis on cases, updates, and clinical guidelines. The diagnosis, management, and prevention of common rhythm disorders, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular arrhythmias will be reviewed along with challenging aspects of congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, valvular heart disease, and myocardial disease. Special sessions will highlight ECG pearls useful in all aspects of cardiology. There will be an emphasis on patient management, case-based presentations, and panel discussion sessions to provide interaction between the faculty and attendees. Mayo Clinic and guest faculty will share “pearls” to aid in the evaluation and assessment of patients with commonly seen cardiovascular diseases.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Drugs, Ablation, Stroke Prevention, New Drugs, and Closure Devices;
- ECG Pearls for Clinical Practice
- Heart Failure Update: Drugs, Devices (Resynchronization, LVAD, Newer Treatments), and Remote Monitoring
- Long QT Syndrome and Genetic Testing: What You Need to Know
- Ventricular Arrhythmias and Sudden Cardiac Death
- Sports and Heart Disease: How to Counsel Your Patients
- Preventive Cardiology – Risk Factor Management
- Percutaneous Valve Treatments – What’s New and When to Use
- Recognize ECG patterns that suggest arrhythmia risk, and diagnose arrhythmia mechanism during tachycardias to select optimal treatment
- Apply current guidelines and recent clinical trial evidence for the management of heart failure
- Describe the diagnosis, evaluation, and management of structural heart disease
The symposium is designed for cardiologists, internists, family practitioners, physician’s assistants, and cardiovascular nurse practitioners and specialists caring for patients with cardiovascular disease.