The Congress is focused on “Patient happiness: the Holy Grail of organ substitution” and aims
- to discuss the importance of technical, psychological and ethical issue to patient happiness with serious tissue or organ deficits.
- to re-define the strategy to design and operate devices and treatments to ensure patient happiness.
- to bring together scientists with medical and technical backgrounds working on development, optimization and translation to clinics of treatments of organ deficits based on artificial, bioartificial, and cell-based organs or prostheses .
- to bridge communication gaps and promote new, or reinforce existing, multidisciplinary collaborations to exploit possible synergies
- to provide up-to-date information on frontier technology to treat serious tissue or organ deficits.
- to pave the ground for the development of innovative treatments based on artificial, bioartificial and cell-based organs, prostheses or treatments which should ensure happiness, or at least improve on the quality of life, of patients with serious tissue or organ deficits.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Saturday, September 20, 2014
Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Largo Agostino Gemelli, 800168 rome
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org