CRT 2018: Late-breaking trial summaries
The Omni Shoreham Hotel
The CRT conference is one of the highlights of the cardiovascular education calendar. This year's CRT2018 took place on March 3-6 at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC. The conference featured 12 late-breaking abstracts, details of which are described below:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement for Patients With Severe Aortic Stenosis Who Are At Low Risk For Mortality: Interim results From The Prospective Multicentre LRT Clinical Trial
Ron Waksman, MD, FSCAI, Georgetown University, Washington DC.
- Assessment of Platelet REACtivity After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation: REAC TAVI trial
Victor Jimenez Diaz, MD, University Alvaro Cunquiero, University of Vigo, Spain
- Debris Heterogeneity Across Different Valve Types Captured by A Cerebral Protection System During TAVR
Tobias Schmidt, MD, Department of Cardiology, Asklepios Klinik St. Georg, Hamburg.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement for The Treatment of Pure Native Aortic Valve Regurgitation
Danny Dvir, MD, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- High-Bleeding Risk Analysis of the BIO-RESORT Randomized Trial, Comparing 12-Month Clinical Outcome of Allcomer Patients Treated with Very Thin-Strut Biodegradable Polymer Versus Thin-strut Durable Polymer Drug-Eluting Stents
Clemens von Birgelen, MD, PhD, Thoraxcentrum Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Impact of Crushed Ticagrelor Vs. Eptifibatide Bolus + Clopidogrel On Platelet Reactivity and Periprocedural Myocardial Infarction in Patients with Unstable Angina
Massoud Leesar, MD, University of Birmingham, Alabama.
- EluNIRTM Ridaforolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System – The BIONICS 2-Year Clinical Outcomes
Ori Ben-Yehuda, the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York.
- LIBERTY 360 Study: 18-Month Outcomes of Endovascular Device Interventions in Patients with Symptomatic Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease
William A. Gray, MD, FSCAI, Lankenau Heart Institute, Wynnewood, PA USA.
- Radial Versus Femoral Access in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes Undergoing Invasive Management: Prespecified Subgroup Analysis from the VALIDATE-SWEDEHEART Trial
Elmir Omerovic, MD, PhD, University of Gothenburg, Gothernburg, Sweden.
- A Multicenter Randomized Clinical Trial To Evaluate The Efficiency Of Small Vessel Coronary Treatment Using Paclitaxel Drug-coated Balloon Versus Zotarolimus-eluting Stent: RAMSES trial
Victor Jimenez Diaz, MD, University Alvaro Cunquiero, University of Vigo, Spain.
- Impact Of Lesion Length On 6 Months Efficacy When Using A DCB. Insights From The Selution Trial: A Novel Sirolimus Coated DCB Technology Evaluated In SFA
Thomas Zeller, MD, Universitäts-Herzzentrum Freiburg-Bad Krozingen, Bad Krozingen, Germany.
- First-in-Human Experience with the Edwards SAPIEN M3 System: A Novel Transeptal Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement Alternative for the Treatment of Mitral Regurgitation
John Webb, St Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada.