This course will provide cardiologists and internists with an overview of many aspects of cardiovascular medicine in a case-based format to highlight practice dilemmas and key management strategies. Mayo Clinic faculty will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine with an interactive audience response system and questions and answers. This comprehensive program will be a valuable educational opportunity to provide an update for practicing providers with the latest clinical evaluation and management of patients encountered in daily practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- describe how to evaluate and manage patients with valvular heart disease
- describe how to diagnose and treat patients with ischemic heart disease
- develop a comprehensive approach to the clinical evaluation of patients with systolic and/or diastolic heart failure
- interpret common ECG tracings and cardiac arrhythmias
- describe treatment options for rhythm control in atrial fibrillation
- recognize common problems adults with congenital heart disease might face