The annual meeting of the BSC once again offers the Belgian cardiology community the opportunity to gather together in central Brussels for two days of intensive education and networking. Experts in various fields will contribute to a rich and varied program. The scientific board of the BSC has decided to maintain the traditional most attended sessions and to complete the program with new initiatives. The following short overview should convince you of the exiting scientific content of the BSC congress 2015:
• “Thematic Sessions” on important areas of interest, such as arrhythmic disease (long QT, catecholaminergic polymorphic VT, ARVD, genetical insights), non atherosclerotic coronary syndromes, thoracic aortic aneurysm, valvular prosthesis and mitral valve disease
• “Teaching Sessions”: GUCH for dummies, Thrombo embolic disease and What should we remember from 2013-2014?
• “Socio-economical sessions”: Drug induced heart disease, Needs of the cardiologists in the future and political attitude from the new politicians
• “ESC-BSC joint session” on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
• “Industry-supported satellite symposia” with high-level international speakers on topics as Imaging, Heart failure, Pulmonary hypertension, LDL lowering
• “Oral abstract sessions and the Young Investigators Award” giving the opportunity to researchers to present their scientific work