The Conference, organized under the auspices of Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic with the support of Emirates Cardiac Society, will offer the most-timely updates on significant advances in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. All topics will be presented in a “Real World” case based format which encourages participation and debate between the faculty and attendees.
Learning Objectives - After participating in this educational activity, practitioners will be able to do the following:
- Detail trends in transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve replacement
- Assess current recommendations and therapies for dyslipidemia
- Apply recent guidelines to the management of hypertension
- Discuss contemporary management of AF
- Have greater competence related to treatment of patients who are candidates for T2D therapy changes based on CV history and risk
- Evaluate trends in cardiovascular disease and salient risk factors for cardiovascular disease among women.
- Describe contemporary approaches, treatment, and management strategies for patients with systolic heart failure and rhythm disorders
- Recognize the advances in the management of ventricular arrhythmias such as antiarrhythmic drug options, premature ventricular depolarization (PVD) ablation, VT-substrate ablation, sustained VT ablation, MRI image-guided VT ablation, voltage mapping, ICD implantation, and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)