9th Annual Case Based Approach to Controversies to Cardiovascular Diseases 2019
The Conference, organized under the auspices of Cleveland Clinic and Mayo Clinic with the support of Emirates Cardiac Society, will offer the most-timely updates on significant advances in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. All topics will be presented in a “Real World” case based format which encourages participation and debate between the faculty and attendees.
Learning Objectives - After participating in this educational activity, practitioners will be able to do the following:
- Detail trends in transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve replacement
- Assess current recommendations and therapies for dyslipidemia
- Apply recent guidelines to the management of hypertension
- Discuss contemporary management of AF
- Have greater competence related to treatment of patients who are candidates for T2D therapy changes based on CV history and risk
- Evaluate trends in cardiovascular disease and salient risk factors for cardiovascular disease among women.
- Describe contemporary approaches, treatment, and management strategies for patients with systolic heart failure and rhythm disorders
- Recognize the advances in the management of ventricular arrhythmias such as antiarrhythmic drug options, premature ventricular depolarization (PVD) ablation, VT-substrate ablation, sustained VT ablation, MRI image-guided VT ablation, voltage mapping, ICD implantation, and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)