The Hellenic Society of Cardiology, was established in 1948 and registered with the Athens Civil Courts in 1950. Initially the founding members were 28, while today the number has risen to approximately 2,200 registered Cardiologists.
The objective of the Society is to promote Cardiology and related fields, as well as to strive for the achievement of optimum scientific and professional working conditions for its members. HCS is managed by a Board of Directors consisting of 9 members, which is renewed every two years, following a secret ballot of its members. The Board deals with scientific and administrative issues, as well as with scientific congresses and lectures.