Prof. Adrian Banning (John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK) presents this webinar on the use of IVUS imaging in percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) of Left Main Coronary Artery Disease.
This webinar is intended to educate interventional cardiologists, interventional fellows and related healthcare professionals, and discusses and analyses the role of intravascular imaging with intravascular ultrasound in LMCA PCI, focusing on the main applications in this context from lesion assessment to stent sizing and optimisation.
The webinar/clinical case scenarios will:
- Provide the background for LMCA disease and its treatment, including findings from the SYNTAX study comparing the use of CABG and PCI interventions in the LMCA setting
- Highlight the role and recommended use of IVUS in interventions for LMCA, including rationale for its use versus coronary angiography
- Definition of when to use IVUS as determined by validated MLA cut-off values
- Outline of the use of IVUS imaging for characterisation of LMCA disease and to facilitate stent sizing and stent optimisation
- Discuss real-life case studies describing IVUS in ostial left main disease and bifurcation left main disease
- Present a workflow algorithm to guide the operator, in a step-wise manner, on the use of IVUS applications in the LMCA setting
This webinar is to inform and educate interventional cardiologists and cardiologists on:
- Interventions historically and currently used for the treatment of LMCA disease
- The role of IVUS imaging in LMCA interventions
- When IVUS imaging should be used and the benefits of its use
- A workflow algorithm developed to facilitate operators in using IVUS imaging in the LMCA setting
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Interventional Fellows
- Cathlab Nurses Technicians and Managers
Professor Adrian Banning is a Consultant Cardiologist specialising in percutaneous coronary intervention. He is the President of the British Cardiac Intervention Society and previously held the position of Divisional Director of Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxfordshire. He also works from his own private practice at The Manor Hospital also based in Oxford, UK.
He began his career as a Senior Registrar at the John Radcliffe University Hospital in 1995, he became a consultant cardiologist in 1999 and subsequently Clinical Lead and Divisional Director in 2010.
A research pioneer, expert lecturer and advisor, Prof Banning is an established author who has written many scientific papers and textbooks in this area.
- Morice MC, et al. Circulation 2010;121:2645–53
- Windecker S, et al. Eur Heart J 2014;35:2541–619
- Campos CM, et al. EuroIntervention 2015;11 Suppl V:115–9
- Jasti V, et al. Circulation 2004;110:2831–6
- de la Torre Hernandez JM, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011;58:351–8
- Kang SJ, et al. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2014;83:545–52
- Tuzcu EM, et al. J Am Coll Cardiol 1996;27:832–8
- Mintz GS, et al. Circulation 1995;91:1959–65