ICR On Demand Webinar - TAVI: Why are we conducting randomised trials in intermediate risk patients?Friday 07th November 2014 @ 00:00pm (GMT)
Dr. Simon Kennon
Head of Structural Heart disease and the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Programme
London Chest Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust, London
- Historical AVR outcomes
- Randomised trials in high-risk patients
- The evolution of TAVI procedures
- Improving outcomes in high-risk registries
- Contemporary AVR outcomes
- Randomised trials in intermediate-risk patients
This webinar mainly focusses on how TAVI has developed since inception, contemporary best practice and associated data, and areas that require further development in the future and the rationale behind this.
Participants attending this webinar will:
- Update their scientific knowledge
- Improve their clinical practice
This webinar is targeted at interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons but also at other cardiologists wishing to update their scientific knowledge on the topic.
- Leon MB, Smith CR, Mack M, et al. Transcatheter aortic-valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery. N Engl J Med 2010;21:363.
- Smith CR, Leon MB, Mack MJ, et al. Transcatheter versus surgical aortic-valve replacement in high-risk patients. N Engl J Med 2011;9:2187–98.
- Fröhlich GM, Lansky AJ, Webb J, et al. Local versus general anesthesia for transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVR) - systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Med. 2014;12(1):41. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yamamoto M, Meguro K, Mouillet G et al. Effect of local anesthetic management with conscious sedation in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2013;111(1):94-9.
- Hamm CW, Möllmann H, Holzhey D, et al. The German Aortic Valve Registry (GARY): in-hospital outcome. Eur Heart J 2013 Sep 10. doi:10.1093/eurheartj/ eht381
- Gilard M, Eltchaninoff H, Iung B, et al. Registry of transcatheter aortic-valve implantation in high-risk patients. N Engl J Med 2012;366:1705–15.
- Durand E, MD, Borz B, Godin M et al. Transfemoral Aortic Valve Replacement With the Edwards SAPIEN and Edwards SAPIEN XT Prosthesis Using Exclusively Local Anesthesia and Fluoroscopic Guidance. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012;5:461-7.
- Thomas M, Schymik G, Walther T, et al. Thirty-day results of the SAPIEN aortic bioprosthesis European outcome (SOURCE) registry: a European registry of transcatheter aortic valve implantation using the Edwards SAPIEN valve. Circulation 2010;122:62–9.
- Rodés-Cabau J, Webb JG, Cheung A, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve implantation for the treatment of severe symptomatic aortic stenosis in patients at very high or prohibitive surgical risk: acute and late outcomes of the multicenter Canadian experience.
- J Am Coll Cardiol 2010;55:1080–90.
- Petronio A, De Carlo M, Bedogni F et al. Safety and Efficacy of the Subclavian Approach for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation With the CoreValve Revalving System′ Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3:359-366.
- Anon. Percutaneous balloon aortic valvuloplasty. Acute and 30-day follow-up results in 674 patients from the NHLBI Balloon Valvuloplasty Registry. Circulation. 1991;84(6):2383–2397.
- Awad W, Mathur A, Baldock L, Oliver S, Kennon S. Comparing post-operative resource consumption following transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) and conventional aortic valve replacement in the UK. J Med Econ. 2014 May;17(5):357-64