Dr. Testa Luca presents this webinar on Assessing the Risk of Leaflet Motion Abnormality Following Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation.
This webinar is intended to educate clinical cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, interventional fellows and related healthcare professionals. Dr. Testa will discuss a potential screening process as well as the management of conditions associated with leaflet motion abnormalities; (the extremes of these conditions being a prosthetic valve dysfunction with high gradients or central regurgitation and possibly early thrombotic degeneration), and the incidental finding of leaflet thickening but normal transvalvular gradients.
The webinar will:
- Discuss the incidence of transcatheter aortic valve thrombosis (TAVT) according to available literature
- Discuss the meaning of the hypoattenuated leaflet thickening (HALT) and reduced leaflet motion (RELM), both common findings in the presence of TAVT
- Discuss the role of echocardiography and computed tomography
- Discuss the impact on clinical events of these findings and of their possible treatments
This webinar is to inform and educate interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, cardiology fellows and allied healthcare professionals on:
- The incidence and meaning of leaflet motion abnormalities after TAVI, hypoattenuated leaflet thickening (HALT) and reduced leaflet motion (RELM)
- The role and integration of different imaging modalities (echocardiography and computed tomography) to assess valve thrombosis after TAVI
- The clinical impact and management of these conditions
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Cardiology Fellows
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
Dr Testa is an Interventional Cardiologist working at the IRCCS Policinico San Donato in San Donato, Milan, Italy.
He is Head of the Coronary Revascularization Unit as well as of the Clinical Research Unit.
His areas of research range from platelet aggregation, intracoronary imaging and physiology related to structural heart disease, particularly the TAVI.
He is also particularly interested and involved in the development of new interventional devices. He has a National Scientific Qualification as Associate Professor in Cardiovascular and Respiratory disease, and as Associate Professor in Health Sciences and Applied Medical Technology. He is currently in the Editorial Board and/or reviewer of several peer reviewed cardiological journals and is author of several major publications and book chapters.
- Latib A, Naganuma T, Abdel-Wahab M, Danenberg H, Cota L, Barbanti M, Baumgartner H, Finkelstein A, Legrand V, de Lezo JS, Kefer J, Messika-Zeitoun D, Richardt G, Stabile E, Kaleschke G, Vahanian A, Laborde JC, Leon MB, Webb JG, Panoulas VF, Maisano F, Alfieri O, Colombo A. Treatment and clinical outcomes of transcatheter heart valve thrombosis. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8(4).
- Makkar RR, Fontana G, Jilaihawi H, Chakravarty T, Kofoed KF, de Backer O, Asch FM, Ruiz CE, Olsen NT, Trento A, Friedman J, Berman D, Cheng W, Kashif M, Jelnin V, Kliger CA, Guo H, Pichard AD, Weissman NJ, Kapadia S, Manasse E, Bhatt DL, Leon MB, Sondergaard L. Possible Subclinical Leaflet Thrombosis in Bioprosthetic Aortic Valves. N Engl J Med. 2015;373:2015-24.
- Pache G, Schoechlin S, Blanke P, Dorfs S, Jander N, Arepalli CD, Gick M, Buettner HJ, Leipsic J, Langer M, Neumann FJ, Ruile P. Early hypo-attenuated leaflet thickening in balloon-expandable transcatheter aortic heart valves. Eur Heart J. 2015 Oct 7. [Epub ahead of print].
- Leetmaa T, Hansson NC, Leipsic J, Jensen K, Poulsen SH, Andersen HR, Jensen JM, Webb J, Blanke P, Tang M, Norgaard BL. Early aortic transcatheter heart valve thrombosis: diagnostic value of contrast-enhanced multidetector computed tomography. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8(4).
- Trepels T, Martens S, Doss M, Fichtlscherer S, Schachinger V. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Thrombotic restenosis after minimally invasive implantation of aortic valve stent. Circulation. 2009;120:e23-4.
- Lancellotti P, Radermecker MA, Weisz SH, Legrand V. Subacute transcatheter CoreValve thrombotic obstruction. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;6:e32-3.
- Chakravarty T, Søndergaard L, Friedman J, et al, on behalf of the RESOLVE and SAVORY Investigators. Subclinical leaflet thrombosis in surgical and transcatheter bioprosthetic aortic valves: an observational study. Lancet 2017; published online March 19. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ S0140-6736(17)30757-2.
- Bax JJ, Stone GW. Bioprosthetic surgical and transcatheter heart valve thrombosis Published Online March 19, 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ S0140-6736(17)30764-X.
- Laschinger JC, Wu C, Ibrahim NG, Shuren JE. Reduced Leaflet Motion in Bioprosthetic Aortic Valves--The FDA Perspective. N Engl J Med. 2015;373:1996-8.