Figure 4 : A.- Anatomical specimen of a heart with an VS ASD (1) as is seen from the right side of the interatrial septum (2). B.- 3D TEE image of the interatrial septum in a heart with the same type of ASD as is seen from the right side. C.- A different cut plane obtained form the same 3DTEE study at the level of the right superior pulmonary vein connection (3) showing its relationship with the defect. 4.-Eustachian valve.
Figure 5: Four chamber view of a heart with CA and tricuspid atresia as seen in a 3D TEE study (A) and an analogous anatomic specimen (B). 1 and 2 indicate the two portions of the CA separated by a small prominence in its posterior wall (discontinuous arrow). Arrow heads indicate the absence of right AV connection. 3.- A large ventricular septal defect.
- Graham R, Gelman J: Echocardiographic aspects of percutaneous atrial septal defect closure in adults. Heart Lung Circ. 2001;10:75-8.
- Acar P, Saliba Z, Bonhoeffer P, Aggoun Y, Bonnet D, Sidi D, et al. Influence of atrial septal defect anatomy in patient selection and assessment of closure with the Cardioseal device; a threedimensional transoesophageal echocardiographic reconstruction. Eur Heart J 2000;21:573-81.
- Roldan FJ, Vargas Barron J. Indications for and information of three-dimensional echocardiography Arch Cardiol Mex 2004;74:S88-92.
- Handke M, Heinrichs G, Moser U, Hirt F, Margadant F, Gattiker F, et al. Transesophageal real-time three-dimensional echocardiography methods and initial in vitro and human in vivo studies. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;48:2070-6.
- Pothineni KR, Inamdar V, Miller AP, Nanda NC, Bandarupalli N, Chaurasia P, et al. Initial Experience with Live/Real Time Three-Dimensional TEE. Echocardiography 2007;24:1099-104.
- Roldan FJ, Vargas-Barron J, Loredo Mendoza L , Romero-CĂˇrdenas A, Espinola-Zavaleta N, Barragan R, et al. Anatomic correlation of left atrial appendage by three-dimensional echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2001;14:941-44.
- Rigatelli G, Braggion G, Cardaioli P, Faggian G. Failed Amplatzer Septal Occluder device implantation due to an embryonic septal remnant. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:309.
- Mathewson JW, Bichell D, Rothman A, Ing FF. Absent posteroinferior and anterosuperior atrial septal defect rims: Factors affecting nonsurgical closure of large secundum defects using the Amplatzer occluder.. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2004;17:62-9.
- Acar P, Aggoun Y, Le Bret E, Douste-Blazy MY, Abdel-Massih T, Dulac Y, et al. 3Dtransthoracic echocardiography: a selection method prior to percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 2002;95:405-10.
- Roldan FJ, Vargas-Barron J, Espinola-Zavaleta N, Romero-Cardenas A, Vazquez-Antona C, BurgueĂ±o GY, et al. Three-dimensional echocardiography of the right atrial embryonic remnants. Am J Cardiol 2002;89:99-101.
- Roldan FJ, Vargas-Barron J, Espinola-Zavaleta N, Romero-Cardenas A, Keirns C, Vazquez- Antona C, et al. Cor triatriatum dexter: Transesophageal echocardiographic diagnosis and 3- dimensional reconstruction. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2001;14:634-36.
- Maeno YV, Boutin C, Renson LN, Nykanen D, Smallhorn JF. Three-dimensional TEE for secundum atrial septal defects with a large eustachian valve. Circulation. 1999;25;99.
- Xie MX, Fang LY, Wang XF, Lu Q, Lu XF, Yang YL, et al. Assessment of atrial septal defect area changes during cardiac cycle by live three-dimensional echocardiography J Cardiol 2006;47:181-187.
- Awaida JP, Moreiras JM, Palacios IF. Three overlapping septal occlusion devices to treat residual shunting across an atrial septal defect. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:385.