Prof Corrado Tamburino (Ferrarotto & Policlinico Hospitals, University of Catania, Catania, IT) discusses the results from the SCOPE II trial.
This randomised clinical trial compared self-expanding bioprostheses for transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with symptomatic severe aortic stenosis.
1. What is the SCOPE II trial and what does it aim to address?
2. What was the design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were your key results?
4. All-cause death would seem to be driven primarily by cardiac death: can you explain why there was a significant difference between the two devices?
5. What conclusions can be made?
6. What do you think is the most important take-home message?
Recorded remotely from Catania, 2020.
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand
Editor: Mirjam Boros