DAPA-HF: Clinical trial design rationale
In this video, Prof Felipe Martinez, Professor of Medicine (Córdoba National University, Córdoba, AR) discusses the design and rationale for DAPA-HF.
- Understand the SGLT-2 inhibitor cardiovascular outcome trial (CVOT) data
- Differentiate the latest guideline updates for the treatment of T2D and their recommendations regarding the importance of considering comorbidities, including atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and heart failure (HF).
- Apply clinical and real-world evidence of the SGLT2 inhibitor class for use in prevention of hospitalisation in HF, as well as future ongoing studies in the treatment of HF
- Assess the interrelationships linking diabetes, HF and CVD.
- Interpret the potential cardio-renal mechanisms of the SGLT-2 inhibitor class in reducing the risk of CV, including HF. Evaluate emerging data of the treatment of HF with SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with or without T2DM.
These videos were funded by an unrestricted educational grant from AstraZeneca.