Prof Francesco Prati (San Giovanni Addolorata Hospital, IT) discusses the challenges of treating highly calcified lesions and his experiences with intravascular imaging.
1. What challenges do calcified lesions present for an operator?
2. Why is IV imaging important and what options are available?
3. Do you have a preferred imaging modality and why?
4. When in the procedure do you use imaging?
5. Should imaging be used in all calcified artery PCIs or can angiography be relied on?
Filmed on location at the JIM 2020.
Interviewer: Ashlynne Merrifield
Videographer: Dom Woodruff