Prof Pierre-Marie Roy (University Hospital of Angers, Angers, FR) discusses the results of the HOME-PE trial.
This open-label controlled randomised international trial investigated the criteria for hospitalization or outpatient management of patients with pulmonary embolism, hestia rule versus simplified PESI score.
1. What is HOME-PE and what does it aim to answer?
2. What are the potential benefits of the Hestia rule compared to PESI or sPESI?
3. What was the design of the study?
4. What are your key findings?
5. What conclusions can be made?
7. How should these results influence future practice and guidelines?
8. How had the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the trial?
This video was recorded remotely from Angers, 2020.
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand
Editor: Mirjam Boros