Prof Roxana Mehran (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, US) discusses whether aspirin monotherapy should be dropped based on a review of the current research data.
1. Why is monotherapy being discussed as an OMT option for patients?
2. What data supports monotherapy use?
3. What P2Y12 should be used and for which patients?
4. Why should aspirin be dropped?
5. Is this viable considering the price of aspirin?
6. What research is needed to provide clarity?
Filmed on location at CRT 2020.
Interviewer: Rebekah Meola
Videographer: Charlie McClanahan