Dr Giuseppe Galati (San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, IT) shares his experience of treating patients with COVID-19 from Lombardy, Italy.
- Can you describe the situation in Lombardy and the availability of ICU departments?
- How are patient populations/cohorts being prioritised for treatment?
- How about the patients with cardiovascular disease?
- Who are the most at risk and what is your advice for them?
- How is COVID-19 impacting the patients you see regularly?
- Are heart failure patients particularly at risk?
- Based on your experience how can physicians make the difference between heart failure and COVID-19 symptoms?
- What are you learning in Italy from this epidemic about healthcare management over the last years in your country?
- What is the standard PPE for healthcare workers in Italy when a) they treat COVID+ve and suspected COVID patients or b) they are performing aerosol generating procedures, such as intubation? (Question Submitted by @DrRajivsankar)
- What is your advice for healthcare workers who are preparing for the COVID-19 crisis?
Recorded remotely from Lombardy.