Dr Mark Gunning (University Hospital of North Midlands, Stoke-on-Trent, UK) discusses the cost-effectiveness and efficacy of percutaneous coronary intervention for chronic total occlusion (CTO PCI).
1. Which patients should be considered for CTO PCI and which should be referred to surgery?
2. Why is there a debate as to whether CTO PCIs are cost-effective?
3. What is your opinion on this matter?
4. Does the type of CTO technique influence the cost-effectiveness?
5. What is needed to silence the naysayers?
Filmed in London at BCIS ACI 2020.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Videographer: Natacha Wienand / Dominic Woodruff