Dr Allan Klein (Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, US) discusses the positive results of the Phase 3 RHAPSODY trial. The trial is investigating the use of rilonacept, an IL-1α And IL-1β trap, in resolving and reducing the risk of recurrence in patients with recurrent pericarditis.
1. What is the background of this study?
2. What is the study design?
3. What were the results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. In light of the results, do you anticipate FDA approval, if so, when?
6. What are the 'take-home' messages for clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Cleveland, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Tom Green