Dr Nihar Desai (UCSF School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, US) and Dr Sanket Dhruva (Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, US) discuss Mortality and Bleeding Among Patients with AMI Complicated by Cardiogenic Shock Undergoing PCI With Impella® vs IABP.
1. Why did you conduct this study?
2. What was the study design, patient population and endpoints?
3. What were your findings?
4. How do you account for these results?
5. Should this study influence clinical practice?
6. Do we need an Impella® RCT?
Filmed on site by Radcliffe Cardiology.
Videographer Tom Green & Dominic Woodruff.