Dr Nadia Rosencher and Dr Marc Samama (Hôpital Cochin, Paris, FR) discuss the PRONOMOS Trial (PROphylaxis in NOn Major Orthopaedic Surgery).
1. What was the rationale for the study?
2. Can you describe the aim, study design, endpoints and outcomes for this study?
3. What were the results?
4. What conclusions can be made from this data?
5. Which patient groups will benefit most from using Rivaroxaban vs Enoxaparin?
6. Are there any situations where Enoxaparin should be used vs Rivaroxaban?
7. Is this data enough to change current European guidelines?
Filmed remotely from Paris.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud